History

Madison Township Fire Department started in 1955 when local citizens realized that they needed fire protection. Founded by Floyd Mason and Russ Lambert, the first station was housed in a borrowed garage at what is now Taylor’s Market at S.R. 144 and Kitchen Rd.

After many fund raisers and fish fries, the department was moved across the street to the building next to the Napa building. Soon after, the township purchased a used open cab fire engine from a department in Ohio.

In the late 70′s the North Madison School let the township borrow a building that sits on the northeast end of the schools property to house station 32. That station was in service until 2000 when the new station and current headquarters were built on Landersdale Road.

Since then the department has grown its inventory to support the citizens. Our fleet now includes a very capable array of equipment.